The Signalyer LIB is an easy-to-use Application Program Interface (API), designed to give you complete access to Signalyzer products functionality and support for SPI, I2C, JTAG, SWD and FIFO protocols, allowing easy integration with a wide range of other systems such as development/evaluation boards, test and manufacturing systems and more.
* Quickly interface to target hardware using SPI, I2C, JTAG, SWD, FIFO, UART and BitBang modes
* Implement custom protocols
* Clean API is well-documented and easy to integrate
* Fully Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X compatible
* Royalty-free API can be used without licensing fees\\
The //SIGNALYZER-LIB// programming language bindings make integration of the API into custom applications simple. This API is easy to understand, much like the standard ANSI C library functions. There is no unnecessary entanglement with the OS specific messaging subsystem as in development kits for other embedded tools.
No License Fees
There are no charges or licensing fees to start developing with the SIGNALYZER-LIB API. Furthermore, the SIGNALYZER-LIB is royalty free and it can be used and distributed in third party applications absolutely free.
Clean and Clear API
Never underestimate the value of good software. Xverve Technologies Inc. makes tools for engineers by engineers. We strive to make your job of integrating the Development API as easy as possible. With one quick look, you will notice that the API is clean, easy to understand, and can be used with variety of compilers and development tools.
The SIGNALYZER-LIB API documentation is divided into following primary categories:
* **[[api-functions|API Calls or Functions]]** - The API consists of only 21 functions that provide complete access to all Signalyzer H series resources. The API functionality includes getting a list of attached devices; opening device by serial number or description; configuring operating mode, attributes and parameters; data writes and reads either using direct access or command queuing ; and mode specific calls for SPI, I2C and JTAG commands.
* **[[attributes|SIGNALYZER_ATTRIBUTE – Attributes]]** - Parameters, operating mode and overall device operation are controlled using attributes. From the prospective of Embedded Development Attribute can also be viewed as set of registers. Writing a value to Attribute or Register will result in certain action. Attributes control as low-level device functions as well as mode specific parameters and timing settings.
* **[[status|SIGNALYZER_STATUS - Return Status]]** - Every API call whether it was successful or failed returned SIGNALYZER_STATUS value will help to determine the results of the call.
* **[[queue|Command Queue]]** - Queuing a series of commands and sending those in bulk improves the overall performance and operation of the library and Signalyzer.
* **[[wrapper|Language specific API wrappers and extensions]]** - In addition to the C library number of wrappers is available making API accessible to range of other most popular languages:
* [[.api:signalyzer-cpp|signalyzer-cpp]] - C++ Wrapper
* [[.api:signalyzer-net|signalyzer-net]] - .NET Wrapper
* [[.api:signalyzer-tcl|signalyzer-tcl]] - Tcl Wrapper
* [[.api:signalyzer-py|signalyzer-py]] - Python Wrapper
* signalyzer-java - Java Wrapper [coming soon]
* signalyzer-perl - Perl Wrapper [coming soon]
* signalyzer-vi - Labview VI Extensions [coming soon]